[SOLVED] HP 25mx G-Sync compatible, NVIDIA enabling options missing

Aug 24, 2019
Hey guys,

I bought a HP 25mx monitor. From the official list of NVIDIA it is compatible with G-Sync: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/
G-SYNC CompatibleHP25mxNo25TN1920x1080 (FHD)48-144HzNo

I have it connected with a DisplayPort cable to my Geforce 2070, so for my PoV it should work. However in the NVIDIA options I can't find the options "Enable Gsync" or in the global settings "Monitor technology". Do you have an idea what the reason could be?

Thanks

Some Screenshots (sorry for german):

Lutfij

Titan
The monitor you have is actually a Freesync capable monitor. It doesn't mean you don't have access to Gsync. Might it be possible to uninstall the GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall the drivers with the latest downloaded from Nvidia's support site? In the interim period, make sure your BIOS for the motherboard is up to date and that you're on Windows 10 1903(if you're not already).

Aug 24, 2019
Hey Lutfij,

I updated Windows, BIOS and removed the GPU driver with DDU und actualized the graphic drivers but unfortunately still the setting point is not available. I'm just wondering what are the requirements that it appears. Maybe I have to setup something in BIOS or have special Monitor drivers?

I recognized that in the device manager the monitor is displayed as PnP-Monitor(Standard). In the Events there is an error "Device is not migrated", maybe that is the source of the problem?

Last edited: