HP 280 G2 MT Business PC

Sep 28, 2018
Hello everyone
I've been wondering
I Have a Hp 280 G2 MT business PC
Also i upgraded the PSU to EVGA 450 BT
but the question is if i bought a 1060 6gb (single fan) and also a 4gb ram same module as mine
would it work fine without any issues ?

My pc specs ATM is :
CPU : i5-6500
Ram : 4gb ddr4 2133 MHZ
Graphics Card : Intel 530 HD
PSU : EVGA 450W BT
So do you think the 1060 6gb single fan will fit and work fine ?

And Also do you think it's a good idea to buy 1060 6gb right now ?
( i've been waiting a whole year to buy this 1060 6gb )
so do you think i should wait to see if there will be any graphics card soon with a budget around 250dollars or i should just get this and stop my tortue .

Solution
I would go with the cheaper card. I doubt there is a big diff between the 2 unless the SC has 2 fans vs. 1 fan. The heat could be partly trapped in the case if it has poor cooling so 2 fans wont help much.

Stick with the cheaper card and stock clocks, it's a oem case.

need4speeds

Distinguished
A RX570 or 580 is cheaper right now and close to a 1060 in speed.

Your not guaranteed that buying a 2nd memory stick that's supposed to be the same will actually run in dual channel mode or not. Sometimes this works out, and sometimes they change the revision or some of the memory timings and it crashes.

Sep 28, 2018

So it will fit ? the 1060 6gb 1 fan ?
+ i don't want to get an AMD 580 because it has 2 fans only i couldn't find a one with 1 fan so
+ what do you mean about the ram that it won't work ? because i'm sure about my ram speed ?
in my task manager it says i'm using 1 of 2 slot

The videocard will work fine and will make an excellent 1080p gaming card. There's not much point in waiting, because if you wait long enough something better or cheaper will come along. If you wait one month, then at the end of that month someone might say "Wait another month because...", so you have to make a decision eventually. It might as well be now, if you need a card now.

The memory will most likely work. It IS important that you buy memory that exactly matches the specifications of your current memory. DDR4 2133, plus check the timings(ie 15-15-15-35) and voltage(1.2v). This will make it simpler for your motherboard to configure it and get it to work with the other memory. If it was me I'd even go so far as to remove the memory stick so I could read the label and buy another stick of same make and model if possible.

Sep 28, 2018

another question i found a 1060 6gb EVGA SC 1 fan and 4 gb ddr4 ram ( i don't live in a country that has a free shipping ) for a 333 dollars with shipping is it good or should i try to get a better deal , i found that on newegg
or i could get a gtx 1060 evga single fan and 4gb ddr4 2133 mhz ram for 337 from amazon this time .

That does not seem like a bad price. I'm in the US and at Newegg right now those two items would cost me $310 w/free shipping.

If you are worried about the physical aspect of installing the card, open the case and look inside. Does it look like you have room for a normal height card and a normal length card? For instance, is there something like a hard drive cage blocking the area where a longer card might stretch into?

Sep 28, 2018

not really i actually installed a RX 380 4gb 2 fan msi edition before but it was tooo big and also i don't have it right now

need4speeds

Distinguished
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4GB Gaming 4G Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $149.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-28 19:50 EDT-0400

or...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: PNY - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card ($429.99 @ Dell)
Total: $429.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-28 19:51 EDT-0400

Blower style cards are more forgiving if you don't have good case airflow or it's a crammed case because the card exits most of the heat out the back of the card, so it doubles as it's own case fan too.

Sep 28, 2018

bro is it a big diff between the 1060 6gb single fan and the 1060 6gb sc edition ?
because i want to get the 1060 single fan since it's cheaper

need4speeds

Distinguished
I would go with the cheaper card. I doubt there is a big diff between the 2 unless the SC has 2 fans vs. 1 fan. The heat could be partly trapped in the case if it has poor cooling so 2 fans wont help much.

Stick with the cheaper card and stock clocks, it's a oem case.

Solution