[SOLVED] HP 6300 Pro problem ?

Aug 12, 2021
Hello , everyone , excuse me I have a problem and I don't know what is it from ?
first of all , my pc is a prebuilt desktop pc from hp ( hp 6300 pro ) with an i5 3470 , ram 10 GB , a gtx 1050 ti with no 6 pin cable and a ssd of 128 GB where Windows is installed .
My motherboard has 4 sockets of ram 4 x RAM slots in to which I was putting 2 GB x 3 and 4 GB x 1.

When I run my pc , it just gives 5 beeps sounds with a black screen appearing and doesn't operate any windows ( not even the bios screen appearing )
it just gives me an error message that "hdmi cable not connected" and even when it operates windows , the pc freezes most the times and all other accessories like mouse and keyboard are disconnected from PC.

Anyway , we tried to fix this problem and put a bios jumper in motherboard , it worked for some time and was good , but the problem solving doesn't stop there. The PC had the same problem for some time until I discovered that when I removed ram from 2 specific sockets only , the PC is working again no problem ( note : all rams are good and working fine ),
leaving me with only with 2 slots of RAM ( option of 4 GB or 6 GB only ).

So I don't know exactly what is this problem from or how to fix it ?
please help if possible and I would be very grateful ,

Solution
Your memory configuration is quite unusual (not sure it's even officially supported). I have 6200 with 2x2, 2x4 setup which is quite stable.

Another problem could be your GPU and PSU combo - one is too big for the other.

Make sure you're running latest BIOS - leave the stable setup while upgrading.
Your memory configuration is quite unusual (not sure it's even officially supported). I have 6200 with 2x2, 2x4 setup which is quite stable.

Another problem could be your GPU and PSU combo - one is too big for the other.

Make sure you're running latest BIOS - leave the stable setup while upgrading.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS