[SOLVED] HP AMD R9 390 Memory Clock Fluctuating

Jedipower

Honorable
Nov 19, 2016
How do I fix this issue with this GPU HP AMD R9 390, It keeps Fluctuating for the Memory Clock 600-6000
https://i.ibb.co/GTf9yM9/test.gif

This is when I am web browsing only
web.jpg

Solution
I've been having this problem since HP hasn't gotten a firmware update on this for the GPU
Firmware updates usually don't happen on video cards, and I suspect the video card is using a bog standard vBIOS anyway, like something you'd find on a base level card from ASUS, MSI, or XFX.

If it's only happening due to fluctuating clock speeds, you could try to find a way to force it to stick using MSI Afterburner (assuming V-F curve locking is supported) or having some lightweight 3D app running in the background.
Not when web browsing my screen flickers then it goes back to normal sometimes freezes with a black screen.
Assuming you've done a round of driver updates/reinstalls, this sounds like a hardware issue. The only explanations I can think of off the top of my head are:
  • The PSU has aged far enough that it doesn't like sudden upticks in power consumption
  • The video card has aged far enough that it's unstable at higher clock speeds or if clock speeds bounce around

Jedipower

Honorable
Nov 19, 2016
Assuming you've done a round of driver updates/reinstalls, this sounds like a hardware issue. The only explanations I can think of off the top of my head are:
  • The PSU has aged far enough that it doesn't like sudden upticks in power consumption
  • The video card has aged far enough that it's unstable at higher clock speeds or if clock speeds bounce around

I'm using Corsair 850w I have checked that and it's working fine.
I've been having this problem since HP hasn't gotten a firmware update on this for the GPU

Firmware updates usually don't happen on video cards, and I suspect the video card is using a bog standard vBIOS anyway, like something you'd find on a base level card from ASUS, MSI, or XFX.

If it's only happening due to fluctuating clock speeds, you could try to find a way to force it to stick using MSI Afterburner (assuming V-F curve locking is supported) or having some lightweight 3D app running in the background.

Solution