HP and Dell Still Dominating U.S. PC Sales

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ares1214

Splendid
Of all these, Apple is by far the most reliable, BY FAR. Apples are reliably and consistently being overpriced, giving low performance, having little compatibility, and they ALWAYS cant be upgraded. talk about reliable!

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]crunchylayer[/nom]ASUS is HP's OEMFoxConn is Apple and Dell's OEMSo I guest ASUS is actually #1.[/citation]
Yeah, so much of this stuff all ends up coming out of the same building (not just the MoBos but the connectors and components) it really doesn't matter who's sticker is on the outside case nowadays or even on the MoBo. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer was touring the Duff brewery and they're showing the different vats with the different brands of Duff beer, the Original, Light and new upcoming Draft and they all split from the same pipe.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Im really surprised that Acer isnt at the top. They are the laptops I see everyone use, I never see any Dells and less hp. And Acer is pretty cheap. I still dont understand these things. And Apple selling more than Toshiba, theres a surprise...[/citation]
ahh but you see, every time i see someone with a laptop, its a Toshiba. so this is how it all balances out my friend :)

However, toshiba is dirt, HP is dirt (when it comes to laptops), dell is dirt, (but not always tech support i suppose), and acer..wow, don't get me started on that crap. Asus all the way!

G

Dell + Linux = Best thing out there unless you're building your own.

Hey, people. For all of you complaining that ______ is too _____ (fill in the blanks :) ), remember three things:
1. You are posting on an enthusiasts' site.
2. For the vast majority of users, "good enough" is good enough.
3. The huge number of appliance users drives down costs for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.