HP Buys Palm: A New Smartphone Superpower?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdhood

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
With a long history of abandoning consumer electronics products, it would be a cold day in h*** before I would buy a phone from HP

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Man I loved my HP iPAQ hx4700 PDA, 4" (640x480) VGA screen, 64MB of Ram, 624mhz Intel processor, and so on. It was a Cadillac of a PDA, and always received awesome reviews from tech sites (including later versions of it). 640x480 was a pretty rare resolution to find a small LCD screen back then, most PDAs only sported 320x240.

If they can bring that type of design (though obviously updated with todays specs) with Palm's WebOS, they'd have an incredibly nice Smartphone.

People might want to bash HP's PCs, but their PDAs were always pretty high quality (though not including the Compaq PDAs, those always seemed dinky). Looking forward to see what they can come up with.

jsm6746

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
hp is going to enjoy this deal... my palm has been so useful... high fives, smacking people on the forehead, keeping me company on lonely nights...

THIS JUST IN: The multinational conglomerate Hewlett-Packard, commonly referred to as HP, has just changed it's name to 'Hairy-Palm'... more at 11...

Status
Not open for further replies.