HP CEO: No New Smartphone in 2013, But Within 5 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Haha, HP, you're screwed if you jump back in after waiting for 5 years. Unless if you pull an iPhone maneuver on the smartphone market like what Apple did to RIM.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]Wow, give them a break guys.They said WITHIN 5 years.It could be as soon as 4 years and 9 months![/citation]

Or never. Plans change. Intel wanted a 10 GHz processor by the end of 2010. Had they stuck with Netburst, AMD would've bulldozed them.

Hm, 10 GHz 6-core Netburst CPU. I wonder what the TDP would be...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Or never. Plans change. Intel wanted a 10 GHz processor by the end of 2010. Had they stuck with Netburst, AMD would've bulldozed them.Hm, 10 GHz 6-core Netburst CPU. I wonder what the TDP would be...[/citation]

Earth would of turned into a new star.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Why not? Their notebooks are still quite good, IMHO.[/citation]

Right... as long as you buy medium-priced ones... their top of the line stuff with AMD switchable graphics are nothing but a headache.
Look around online for DV6000q radeon issues... they put those dual GPU in expensive systems and then provide drivers from 2010 that don't work worth a crap and you cannot launch games and GPU intensive software properly. You get black screens, freezes, blues screens or nothing at all. And when you try to get help on their forums they just erase threads about any issues.

And these issues have been going on for YEARS and they simply don't give a single fuck after they take your money. so big FUUU for HP from me.

A lot of people been getting sick of it and started to group together to do class-auction lawsuit so we will see where that goes.

I'm far from HP hater, had 3 medium-end notebooks and 1 net-book from them and was satisfied. But how they treat their customers when they have problems and for expensive thing at that is just despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.