HP Color Laserjet 2500 Smart Chips

Can anyone tell me how to disable smart chips on the HP Color Laserjet
2500 printer? I found a web site that sells bottles of bulk toner and
they say the smart chips are "optional" but they sell them for about
$14. However, I had a cartridge that read EMPTY and filled it with
toner but it still will not work either with or without the chip
attached. Is it true that you have to refill the cartidge BEFORE it
reads empty? I thought the smart chip kept track of how much cyan ink
coverage was on each page and kept a total to determine whether the
cartridge was empty or not. This estimate may not be accurate and there
may be toner left when it says it is empty. See
http://www.ink-refills.net/hp-1500-2500-smartchip.html
Evan

kenneth

On 30 May 2005 21:06:31 -0700, "Evan L"
<elewis@chartertn.net> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to disable smart chips on the HP Color Laserjet
>2500 printer? I found a web site that sells bottles of bulk toner and
>they say the smart chips are "optional" but they sell them for about
>$14. However, I had a cartridge that read EMPTY and filled it with
>toner but it still will not work either with or without the chip
>attached. Is it true that you have to refill the cartidge BEFORE it
>reads empty? I thought the smart chip kept track of how much cyan ink
>coverage was on each page and kept a total to determine whether the
>cartridge was empty or not. This estimate may not be accurate and there
>may be toner left when it says it is empty. See
>http://www.ink-refills.net/hp-1500-2500-smartchip.html
>Evan

Howdy,

I know nothing of the re-fill possibilities, but I have been
told by HP that whether or not toner of a particular color
is used at all the printer will eventually require that the
cartridge be replaced for that color. The printer just
counts the number of rotations of the carousel and pages
printed.

--
Kenneth