Hp Compaq 8000 elite q9550 tape mod overclock?

Jun 29, 2018
My question is that I am going to buy a q9550 and I wonder if I can overclock it with the tape mod. Does it work? Because I wanted to get the best performance out of it. The motherboard is Hp 3647h

Solution
Given that it's a prebuilt system that wasn't designed to be tampered with, I'd say that the BIOS in itself will prevent you from overclocking even if your motherboard accepts the Q9550. If you use software based overclocking tools, you're highly likely to brick the board beyond return.

Lutfij

Titan
Given that it's a prebuilt system that wasn't designed to be tampered with, I'd say that the BIOS in itself will prevent you from overclocking even if your motherboard accepts the Q9550. If you use software based overclocking tools, you're highly likely to brick the board beyond return.

Solution
There were only a couple chipsets that supported the faster 400fsb needed for that to work.X38, and x48. They were never used in small office computers like that one. The tape mod that would work is the E7500 2 core to 3.66GHz. That and an SSD would make a zippy little web browser.