HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF Need help!

mirza.mujkanovic.a

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hello everybody,

Now i want to buy my little bro a gaming PC where he can play games (new ones) and i found a seller in my town which sells there HP Elite PC's for reall cheap and they are like new, now from what i like to do is research and find out everything about the things i buy. I've come to understand that these PC's use diffrent power connectors and can't fit proper GPU's into their case (Only low profile one's). Now from what i understand is this i can't buy a decent gpu or switch the power suppy, or install win 10 because this PC is a OEM one.

My question is this is there a way that i can take out the motherboard, switch the power suppy and fit a normal sized GPU in it, and ofc install win 10 on the PC.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Answers to your questions are:
Motherbd: Yes but you will need to figure out which front panel header pins are for which function as the arrangement is proprietary in the HP.
PSU:Yes with an adapter (HP proprietary connector again)
GPU:and yes provided it will work with the HP motherbd.
W10: Yes, but first go thru HP support and see what drivers are available for your exact machine.

popatim

Titan
Answers to your questions are:
Motherbd: Yes but you will need to figure out which front panel header pins are for which function as the arrangement is proprietary in the HP.
PSU:Yes with an adapter (HP proprietary connector again)
GPU:and yes provided it will work with the HP motherbd.
W10: Yes, but first go thru HP support and see what drivers are available for your exact machine.

Solution