HP Confirms WebOS and Windows Tablets/Slates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Im really surprised they are still gonna do a windows tablet considering they have WebOS now.[/citation]
Using an OS found in 90% of consumers computers is surprising to you???

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I'm under the impression that the Windows tablet will actually be Windows Embedded so they can selectively strip a lot out of the OS that is only for the 5% crowd, but makes windows runner slower than it needs to.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]Using an OS found in 90% of consumers computers is surprising to you???[/citation]
Yes, since most x86 desktop pc's use an OS that is designed to have lots of ram, lots of cpu power and a keyboard at it's disposal. I'd rather NOT use windows on a tablet, I would be happy with linux, since you can modify it right till the edge of reason and in the end of the day not wait a minute for it to boot up. If it's XP, then BSOD's or just regular day-to-day crashes are imminent. And who wants their tablet to crash when they are on the go ?

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I think people misunderstood me a little here. When I said I was surprised by them still making a windows based tablet/slate, it wasn't a sleight against windows at all. They went and bought Palm and got WebOS out of the deal. I just assumed they would only want to use their in house OS now, instead of Windows. Jeez...

Anyway, I am glad they are bringing out a tablet/slate with each OS. More options for the consumers.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I hope one of them will have the option to use a stylus pen so I can actually write and create documents. That was one of the main reasons that kept me from getting an ipad (and that its a piece of crap hardware wise). I want to be able to use it in classes to take notes and not just browse the net on the crapper like the ipad :)

rrobstur

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]hiruu[/nom]Gimme something to print from, and omething that I can plug my USB devices to, and I'm good![/citation]
i dont know man maybe as a periphial printing device such as iP100 that would be cool but but i dont want some bulky curve coming off one side of my tablet to accomidate for a printer. now if they could do a solution "ten years from now" to keep the back plan straight, and tablet under 10 lbs im game. still, i think this tablet isnt half bad.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Yes, since most x86 desktop pc's use an OS that is designed to have lots of ram, lots of cpu power and a keyboard at it's disposal. I'd rather NOT use windows on a tablet, I would be happy with linux, since you can modify it right till the edge of reason and in the end of the day not wait a minute for it to boot up. [/citation]

Acer 1820ptz... Press the power button, wait 15 seconds and your on the desktop ready to go. Crucial 64Gb SSD.

P.s. Ever heard of Windows 7 Lite? Please, do a little bit of research

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS