[SOLVED] HP Deal vs CyberPower build - both $900

Solution
Cyberpower has been known to offer terrible customer support when/if anything goes wrong with their systems.
also known to use subpar components whenever possible.

at least going through Microcenter you will have an actual support representative at the store through their service department that you can have first hand contact with if any issue arises.
Which one is more future proof
having a "future proof" computer is just a fantasy idea.
there is always something better just on the horizon so even a 6 month old high-end system is considered outdated by a lot of the population.

list what exactly you want to be using this system for, what type of performance you expect, and for how long you expect to still see this type of...
Cyberpower has been known to offer terrible customer support when/if anything goes wrong with their systems.
also known to use subpar components whenever possible.

at least going through Microcenter you will have an actual support representative at the store through their service department that you can have first hand contact with if any issue arises.
Which one is more future proof
having a "future proof" computer is just a fantasy idea.
there is always something better just on the horizon so even a 6 month old high-end system is considered outdated by a lot of the population.

list what exactly you want to be using this system for, what type of performance you expect, and for how long you expect to still see this type of performance.
then someone may be able to give some idea as to how long you may see that.

Last edited:
Solution

KyaraM

Admirable
Looking at the stats alone, the HP system looks better. You shoud be able to get a second 16GB stick to put in, or exchange the one for 2x8. I would get a better cooler for either one, though... stock coolers aren't great, but the AMD one is slightly better.

About future proofing, what resolution and what games, and are you fine with reducing details?

pulpfiction110

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2013
Thank you, both.

I'm leaning towards the HP as well. Even though I had a rock solid experience with CyberPower so far for a high end system (so far).

I think the 16gb single channel ram should suffice.

Two question:
  • How does Ryzen 5 5600G compare to other competitors?
  • If I change up the 16gb single to dual 8gb, would HP drop the RAM speed down from 3200? I read that they do that from an Amazon review...

If I change up the 16gb single to dual 8gb, would HP drop the RAM speed down from 3200?

I read that they do that from an Amazon review.
that should depend on the specific motherboard.

whatever review you read may have been someone who didn't know to set XMP/AMP profile or manually set memory options in the BIOS.

with a Ryzen 5 you are going to want at least 3600MHz dual-channel for better performance.

KyaraM

Admirable
Thank you, both.

I'm leaning towards the HP as well. Even though I had a rock solid experience with CyberPower so far for a high end system (so far).

I think the 16gb single channel ram should suffice.

Two question:
  • How does Ryzen 5 5600G compare to other competitors?
  • If I change up the 16gb single to dual 8gb, would HP drop the RAM speed down from 3200? I read that they do that from an Amazon review...
The 5600G is not the best CPU on the market, it ranks beneath the 5600X, even, and technically, the 12100 is better in gaming by a slight margin, in 1080p and with a 3090. Meaning, in your case with your system, the difference will likely shrink to 0, we are talking about 10FPS at most here. So with the overall system, and the 6600XT being a lot less powerful than the 3090, I don't think you would see a big difference between the two, and the 3050 is the weaker card, which makes a bigger difference than the CPU in games. And the 6 cores are probably better than the 4 of of the 12100 for the future, too, considering that games start to slowly pick up in that regard.

The 5600G also has another great advantage. It's an APU, so has integrated graphics, and of the decent kind, too (AMD leads before Intel in that regard, with a decent margin); Intel f-models do not have a GPU at all. Now, with a dedicated GPU, outside a laptop, that's not much of an issue, but if your GPU croaks, you got a fallback. I think that's worth taking into account.

About the RAM, I have no idea, unfortunately. As stated by the poster above, it might just be ignorance of how to do it. You would have to try.

The Cyberpower system is a lot better to upgrade because the whole system has normal ATX demensions and, maybe the most important difference, it supports XMP. The HP Pavillion exists of all proprietary HP parts and only support JEDEC specified RAM. That means it's 1,2v with terrible high latency(3200 with CL22) and a lot slower than 1,35v XMP RAM(3200 with CL16).

pulpfiction110

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2013
Thanks for the awesome feedback guys.

I ended up getting this at microcenter instead of that HP, and many of the reasons why was because of what you all were saying:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/647427/powerspec-b734-desktop-computer

Don't really need this for gaming since I already have a high end system with a 3070 for that. However, I'm even reading that the integrated GPU can even do Diablo 2 Resurrected on low settings. Will set it up tomorrow.

Cheers!