HP Elitedesk 800 SFF vs USFF

Feb 22, 2018
Hi there! First of all sory for my bad english, but i'l try to ask :)
My budget is realy low and few times per month i'm traveling throw several towns for a work reasons. I am making a sound and video content and want to change my HP SFF 6000 (Core2 G850 GT-610) to HP Elitedesk 800 but i got a question about model.
HP Elitedesk 800 Mini looks real great choice for me - its tiny, silent and powerful enough for my needs but maximum upgrade for it is only 4th Gen i7CPU, 16GB DDR3-1600 and bigger SSD.
But if i'l chose SFF model i'l can also add HDD+SSD and some GPU like GTX730 or GT1030, but it's a much bigger and heavier.
Question is: am i real need GPU for my regular needs? I understand that CUDA is good for rendering and not expensive graphic card gives me more ways to play games etc, but maybe i5-4590T will be enough for 1080p/60fps editing 720p projections (Resolume Arena) and some gaming or good GPU is real that important?

Sorry for a strange question but russian community is to aggressive about questions like this.

Solution

For gaming, no the 4th gen i5 or i7 video speed is not as fast as the 730 which is too slow now for any decent gaming anyway, and certainly not as fast as the 1030. If you don't care about gaming, then just the CPU will be fine, or if...
Feb 22, 2018

Few reasons: Monitor is not a problem an i easy can find one in every town.
Mouse/Keyboard - https://goo.gl/Kw91Qg
1 kilogram vs 5 kilograms
and also i like small things :)

Main question is only about processor. Will 4th gen. i5/i7 CPU be enough to replace GPU like 730/1030?

For gaming, no the 4th gen i5 or i7 video speed is not as fast as the 730 which is too slow now for any decent gaming anyway, and certainly not as fast as the 1030. If you don't care about gaming, then just the CPU will be fine, or if you are playing non-demanding games. Any game you want to play you can check on benchmarks for to see how they will run.

Solution