Question HP Envy 34" Curved AIO - "PC Mode - display going to sleep" on boot up

prd1962

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
I own two HP Envy 34" Curved AIO - Model #: 34-a010 - M9Z77AA#ABA:

When I press the power switch on either computer - the screen says that it is in "PC Mode - display going to sleep".

The computer shuts down!

Kindly please advise what to do asap.

Philip

prd1962

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
No - unfortunately the HP info it doesn't help.

It seems that the screen is stuck in play/sleep mode?!

I changed the hard drive to a known working windows 10 hard d rive and the sleep message still comes up!

Apr 6, 2021
Still having an issue with startup.

The computer won't start unless I plug an hdmi cable in the hdmi out port of the HP AIO 34 and connect this to an hdmi port on different computer that is on and working. If I connect from HP AIO HDMI In - the the AIO works as a monitor and I see a duplicate of the different computer.

Computer mode?

TV mode?

Any suggestions of what to do to et the AIO to start by itself please?

May 28, 2021
Still having an issue with startup.

The computer won't start unless I plug an hdmi cable in the hdmi out port of the HP AIO 34 and connect this to an hdmi port on different computer that is on and working. If I connect from HP AIO HDMI In - the the AIO works as a monitor and I see a duplicate of the different computer.

Computer mode?

TV mode?

Any suggestions of what to do to et the AIO to start by itself please?

Hey man, I'm having the same problem with my HP AIO 34. Did you ever find a solution for this ?

May 25, 2023
Hey man, I'm having the same problem with my HP AIO 34. Did you ever find a solution for this ?
same.. i have 2 doing the same darn thing. how? i have installed new board, power button, tried different ac adapters, ram, disconnect all, audio, wifi. still no power up. changed cmos battery. i can use it as monitor. but not a pc. this doesnt make sense. what bricked these?