Question HP G70-460US Notebook PC will not power on ?

Aug 1, 2023
Have used this laptop since it was new and NEVER had a problem with it!
Had to rearrange my work area and computer was unplugged for about 2 months. Plugged back in and the light (LED) at the PC connection blinks and PC will not power on. With battery installed after about 30min. the area around the plug-in (upper left-hand corner above keyboard) became slightly warm, so it was unplugged for a few hours. Removed battery and plugged back in (made no difference still would not power on) but same area started to warm up again, so unplugged, started researching, found this site and am posting this to see if you can help or point me in a direction to look. Thanks, WDougK

PS: Have a Dell laptop, plug in is at same location as HP and same area of keyboard top is warmer than rest of keyboard so guess this is just fan location and not really an issue. Might mean the HP's fan is working?

Since you removed the battery and still got no power it could be a few things:
1) Have you tried a known good AC Adapter to make sure that's not the source? I know it sounds mundane but trust me it happens.
2) Is the adapter port loose in the least bit? If so, it could be a broken solder point on the AC Adapter port and it may be touching something else that is causing the heat (not likely).
3) Motherboard could have gone south (would consider this final cause).

Aug 1, 2023
Thanks hedwar2011 , tested adapter and was reading 19.4 volts on inner casing and pin, so think its okay. The plug in socket on laptop has always been a little loose, but usually a little pressure and everything would work fine. So, took apart and this was what I found on the motherboard

vZYvhlk.jpg

NOT GOOD!!! Have ordered a used MB and will see how it works!
Anyone think this is repairable????

Aug 15, 2023
Have used this laptop since it was new and NEVER had a problem with it!
Had to rearrange my work area and computer was unplugged for about 2 months. Plugged back in and the light (LED) at the PC connection blinks and PC will not power on. With battery installed after about 30min. the area around the plug-in (upper left-hand corner above keyboard) became slightly warm, so it was unplugged for a few hours. Removed battery and plugged back in (made no difference still would not power on) but same area started to warm up again, so unplugged, started researching, found this site and am posting this to see if you can help or point me in a direction to look. Thanks, WDougK

PS: Have a Dell laptop, plug in is at same location as HP and same area of keyboard top is warmer than rest of keyboard so guess this is just fan location and not really an issue. Might mean the HP's fan is working?
Hi , if you can access motherboard it will be ok because first you disconnect battery, charger and also bios battery, wit all disconnected just connect the power button to motherboard and keep press for 15 sec to drain out curent after that put in bios battery, and Conect charger and see , normally the laptop will start it self or you can start yourself with power button if not starting then verify that area near the charger that is getting hot , if you sense big heat on a piece , unplug the laptop from power and in that case you need to go in a service in order for them to diagnose the motherboard because could be an issue regarding power circuit of motherboard , but in order to be sure they need to check the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS