Question HP ( Hinge Problem )

May 25, 2024
Hi,
Guys I have a HP Victus 16 that i bought a year ago, it never gave me any issues but as of now, from a few months the hinge is starting to squeak everytime I open and close the lid.
Like I said its NOT making a cracking sound but just squeaking.
Upon further investigation I found out that the two panels that are between the display panel are squeaking, so if i press the display cover from the front facing side towards the screen, it squeaks near the edges ( If I apply pressure to the edges of the display assembly, it squeaks ). I dont think the hinges are loose at all, I pretty much can confirm that atp, its just the plastic squeaking that bothers a but, l can say the hinge is not cracked as if it was then it would have made a diff sound and also the hinge would have been not in place.
So is squeaking normal and is it anything to worry abt?

Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
I would expect that a hinge would start to squeak sooner or later.

Check the User Guide/Manual regarding care and maintenance.

My thought would be to use just a bit of powdered graphite to lubricate the hinge.

Apply at the hinge joint on each end and work in the graphite by gently opening and closing a few times.

Just "coloring" around the hinges with an ordinary soft pencil may do the job.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/victus-by-hp-gaming-laptop-16t-s100-161-91k72av-1

Note the joints on each end.