Question HP infinite loading screen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
So with you USB thumb drive with your windows installer on it plug it into the computer while it's off.

Hit the power button and quickly start mashing the F-9 key until your boot menu shows up.

Than off that list choose your USB thumb drive to boot off.

Give it enough time for the windows menu to shows up.

If you have made it that far go into the repair/recovery choice and follow the prompts.

Jun 20, 2024
So with you USB thumb drive with your windows installer on it plug it into the computer while it's off.

Hit the power button and quickly start mashing the F-9 key until your boot menu shows up.

Than off that list choose your USB thumb drive to boot off.

Give it enough time for the windows menu to shows up.

If you have made it that far go into the repair/recovery choice and follow the prompts.
Yeah thats what i did from the start, like i said in the first post "i get the BSOD with "Driver PNP Watchdog" error...", i cant get to the windows menu because i get blue screen

Laptop: HP ENVY 13 x360 Ryzen 7-4700/16GB/512/Win11
Never had any problems with this laptop until today, yesterday i used ccleaner to clean the drive and everything was fine. Today I tried to use it but theres just HP logo with loading circle. Every 2nd time I try to turn it on it shows "preparing automatic repair", after few minutes it restarts and theres just infinite loading screen with hp logo.

I tried F2 and doing all the diagnostics -> everything seems fine.
F11 -> theres "Wait..." under the loading circle but after few minutes it disappears and infinite loading screen appears again.

I wanted to install win10 instead but I get the BSOD with "Driver PNP Watchdog" error...

What could be the problem? I dont care about the data on it, just wanna use it but cant even install other OS...
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick see if that will boot and run.

Never had any problems with this laptop until today, yesterday i used ccleaner to clean the drive and everything was fine. Today I tried to use it but theres just HP logo with loading circle. Every 2nd time I try to turn it on it shows "preparing automatic repair", after few minutes it restarts and theres just infinite loading screen with hp logo.
This is why I stopped using CCleaner a few years ago.

What I would do is start by removing the hard drive and hooking up that drive to another machine as a "D" drive and one see if the other system can access drive. Not so much for the data but to get to where you can format the drive.

If you need an item off the drive IF IT lets you have access to it before you format get what you need than.

So if you got as far as formatting drive you should check it's health as an option but put the now newly formatted drive back into original computer and try again your USB Windows installer.

Reactions: MuszynA
There also could be an elephant in the room. Meaning does your laptop support windows 10?

I have not had every piece of hardware for hands on just thinking out loud?

If I missed it have you also tried a USB Windows 11 install and if you have did you hit the same wall.

Jun 20, 2024
There also could be an elephant in the room. Meaning does your laptop support windows 10?

I have not had every piece of hardware for hands on just thinking out loud?

If I missed it have you also tried a USB Windows 11 install and if you have did you hit the same wall.
yeah i tried with windows 10 and 11 with the same result, downloaded linux on it today a no problems so far