HP laptop won't shut down completely

WakaBam46

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
Hi guys, I have an HP laptop and for the last couple of shut downs it has not completely shut down. When I click shut down prompt, everything goes off since I see the screen saying shutting down. Even the screen goes black but for some reason the power button on the laptop shows that it still has power going into it and I can hear the external fan I have that is connected to the USB is still running.

I don't know where to start when it comes to a shut down problem since I never had this type of problem. Please help.

WakaBam46

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
Well I finally figured out where it came from. It was a driver update that I was using called Drive booster. It seems like one of the firmware updates is bugged so I was able to revert back to a previous save point.

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Don't use third party driver updaters. They can and do cause all kinds of problems. Use the OS or the device manufacturers sites. The ole if it ain't broken don't fix it applies here.
W.P.

lastfan

Honorable
Dec 11, 2014
Hye WakaBam 46

How much years you use the hp laptop

The answer is your laptop has a virus try scan your hp laptop
using avast internet security.

4 years ago i have a acer laptop i used it for 8 month and i after i used the laptop i shut down the laptop and it not
shut down complete just like you and i try to scan the laptop
and it has a many virus a deleted the file has virus.I try to stay the laptop for 2 days it worked good my laptop has fast and no slow shutdown is ok.

(Sorry for my bad english)