HP Launches First Display with Beats Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Yeah, what's the exciting part?
Beats is absolute crap, so, we are getting an article on a random audio display?
I mean, HP has been doing that kind of monitors since, idk, the 90's?
Now it's with LED panels, but other than that, what's the news?

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Frankly, I would rather have heard they did a new 120hz monitor with more accurate colors. I like IPS monitors, but for gaming, a 120hz monitor is fantastic. No more VSync, no more tearing. Forget 3D, the benefits for 2D are enough to make a purchase.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
So HP has added some crappy over-priced speakers to a mediocre monitors and can't even supply technical specifications? Tom's I hope HP is paying you well because this is pathetic.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
does anybody these days actually look at the specs of the speakers to judge the quality?? the other day i was at Futureshop and trying to buy ear buds. I could only find specs on the lower priced ear buds and nothing for the Beats.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]catherinebourne22[/nom]Jason. I see what you mean... Josephine`s comment is neat... on saturday I got a top of the range Peugeot 205 GTi from bringing in $8963 this-past/four weeks and-a little over, ten k this past-munth. it's by-far the easiest work I have ever had. I started this 6 months ago and almost immediately earned minimum $69, p/h. I went to this web-site, http://Fox76.com[/citation]
They stopped making the 205 GTi in like 1998, don't brag about it and stop spamming!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
here is my understanding.

beats headphones are crap, WAY overpriced crap... like 3-4 times the cost of a similar quality overpriced.

but i also am to understand that beats is also audio processing, at least i was told that, and that was better than standard intergrated. i never looked into it so that could be completely wrong, but whatever.

phil kizer

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
From a certified sound engineer, yes, Beats Audio is overpriced. It is marked up to 3 times the amount of similar audio products but in terms of audio quality, but I can't say they are crap. Part of what they do in terms of equalization is a technique called the "disco smile". They boost the bass and the tremble to make the sound deep yet clear. The eq faders would make the shape of a smile, hence the name. Basically, Dr. Dre is getting rich off of the average consumer's ignorance.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]phil kizer[/nom]From a certified sound engineer, yes, Beats Audio is overpriced. It is marked up to 3 times the amount of similar audio products but in terms of audio quality, but I can't say they are crap. Part of what they do in terms of equalization is a technique called the "disco smile". They boost the bass and the tremble to make the sound deep yet clear. The eq faders would make the shape of a smile, hence the name. Basically, Dr. Dre is getting rich off of the average consumer's ignorance.[/citation]

think of the music he makes, what parts of his music need to be empathized? i really dont think that he came up with that on purpose, i really think he accidently fell backwards into it.

my sennheiser hd 555 sound better than their 300$ offerings... so it doesn't trick anyone, really the only people that would choose dre over anything else, are 1) branding and 2) people who value bass over everything else, because in store the bass sounds better than anything next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.