HP Makes Affordable 21.5" Touchscreen Win 7 LCD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]touching the screen would be easier than aiming the mouse[/citation]
If you're quicker moving your arm to a screen and pointing on it, then yes, but I think that the mouse is quicker because all you're doing is flicking your wrist maybe 1 inch instead of your whole hand for 1 to 2 feet in distance.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]stuart72[/nom]May be useful for HTPC when monitor sizes increase, but if project Natal-type interfaces take off you wont have to touch the screen to get touch-type interactions anyway. For a windows productivity interface I cannot see the utility of this - who honestly sits so close to their monitor they can comfortably reach out and touch it anyway? Using a 24" monitor I reckon i'd need 3" long arms for this to work.[/citation]

3" long arms eh, would suck for those self pleasuring moments.

Anyway, I think it would kickass for audio editing. I would love to lay a monitor almost flat (angled up) and actually control the mixer faders with my fingers. Beats buying a $1500 mackine control.

Status
Not open for further replies.