HP May Sell webOS Patents

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I will buy the patents for $100 if they are willing to accept.

At least them I will be able to open source the entire thing and get the webOS 3 keyboard on android, and hopefully the webOS multitasking also (the main 2 things webOS got right)

(I don't know why android and iOS have not figured out how to have a multitasker where the OS will not automatically close running applications, but instead, will warn you that you you need to close applications to free up memory, and thus, not randomly close the word processor or the web browser where you were typing a long reply or forum post, and needed to switch to a another app to check somethings only to come back and find that it closed the browser and only remembered which tabs you were on but none of the tab contents.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Hopefully patent trolls don't get these before this bill passes:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/10/its-finally-here-a-bill-to-end-patent-trolling/

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I bought two $100 TouchPads and they are awesome, both my wife and myself like them better than iPads... a LOT better. The cards and multitasking is still better. So many details better, more intuitive, more flexible. They do have a mechanical battry issue, if the battery goes to zero the things die with no way to revive them. So there's that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.