Hp nc6220 not Booting Up

sam30

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
The computer was in hibernation and when i tried to turn it on the next day it did not boot up.
The led lights were blinking, the power light blinks with the battery light (amber color) and the IDE drive light blinks also ,
and the fan blows fast than usual and turns off and the cycle just keeps happening over and over.

I have removed the battery and drained the power but still does not work, the charger is not faulty because it works fine with another computer.

Is it a motherboard problem or is the charger port fried.

HP laptops are notorious for display failures. 9 out 10 times the inverter goes bad, and 10 times out of 10, when it is the inverter, it happens just days after the warranty expires. Still, there is something you can try.

First, check to see that the display adapter is still working, by connecting the laptop to an external monitor. If you can see the display, then you've successfully proven your video chipset or GPU are still working properly.

Next, check the to see if the inverter has gone bad by shining a light at the screen. If you can see an image, albeit faintly, then the inverter is the problem. Replace the inverter and you're good to go.

Finally, if you don't see a faint image while shining a light at the screen, this could mean that the LCD backlight.

sam30

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
The laptop turns on and off as i stated before. I have tried connecting to an to an external monitor but the laptop does not boot up at all and i am sure that the screen and inverter is working perfectly.

Sorry, I must not have read your post carefully. If it's a boot problem, then try leaving the charger in, but remove the battery, and then power on the laptop. If this works, then the problem is in the battery. If it doesn't work, you may have a problem with the CPU area of the motherboard. HP laptops are also known to overheat. I would remove the bottom cover to check that there isn't any excessive dust build-up or signs of overheating near the CPU.

sam30

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

sam30

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Yes, I removed the battery and tried to power the laptop but the led lights just blink again and the fan runs for 3 seconds and turns off and on. I have also tried replacing the CPU with another one and cleaning the heat sink. Does it look like a motherboard problem?