HP P7762

Dixon and Curry in the UK are having an Easter sale with this printer
reduced from GBP200 to 100. It's a photoprinter with integral card
reader and LCD preview screen. The printer is not listed on HP's web
site. Is it any good?
--
Tom

"Tom Ruben" <tom@truben.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dixon and Curry in the UK are having an Easter sale with this printer
> reduced from GBP200 to 100. It's a photoprinter with integral card
> reader and LCD preview screen. The printer is not listed on HP's web
> site. Is it any good?
> --
> Tom

It's probably a 'made for DSG special' - but based on the other 760 models.

The point is, why bother? They had this offer in January and obviously
couldn't shift them then. The cartridges are whackingly expensive and the
printer has been overtaken by the Epson R300 and the canon i865

OK the Epson costs £15 more, and the Canon £50 more - but the prices of
these two are already dropping - and the running costs will be much lower
(cheapest complete ink set for the Epson is £27 for six, and the Canon will
cost you about £15.00 to change the tanks)

For my money, the only way to run an HP is to go refillable - and that means
that you won't be getting the new print head at every cartridge change - I'm
not certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if the HP print head was fairly low
quality, on the basis that it will be changed often. If you refill without
changing the head, you might run into problems.

Oh, and bear in mind the latest HP scam, the 'Light User' cartridges, 20%
of regular cartridge ink volume for over half the price. Personally, I
wouldn't buy HP as a matter of principle (and, if you do buy it, it might
well the nearly empty tanks supplied with it - so you'll be shelling out
mega bucks soon after purchase)

I can vouch for the print quality of the R300 - excellent results (still
using Epson ink though - I'll reserve final judgement until I've put cheap
ink into the thing)

"T-bird" <simon@truenet.com> wrote in message
[snip]
> Oh, and bear in mind the latest HP scam, the 'Light User' cartridges, 20%
> of regular cartridge ink volume for over half the price.
[snip]

This post was *full* of misinformation, but none as blatant as the above. The
above statement is JUST PLAIN FALSE.

- Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP