[SOLVED] Hp Pavilion Gaming 15: CPU fan not spinning ?

Marvin12339

Honorable
May 5, 2015
May i know what these two wires do as they aren't connected on my laptop and my CPU fan is not spinning. Are they related to the CPU fan ?

poMm4TNJp

Solution
That two wire cause it seems loose and it was stick with a sticker. I accidentally take if off when trying to remove cpu fan. The wire end is metal.

New, larger picture:

View: https://imgur.com/a/5hsry22

Ah, it's a little clearer, not much though. So, on the end of the black wires are two small silver coloured tabs. These actually press down onto a receiver. They fit with the most subtleness of contact. It's like a little socket (like a star shape - you will feel a little click when the two wires are in place.). The tape on it, is most likely to keep airflow off the unit. The tape is not required, but you can replace it easy. It connects the wifi card to the system. The wires also act as an...
Hey there,

Can you send a photo using imgur instead? I cannot see that very well.

To answer your question, if they are the wires coming from the fan, and there is no socket on it, then that's the reason. It should have a little tiny black connector on it, which sits into a white one (typically) on the motherboard.

Have you disassembled it before?

Last edited:
That two wire cause it seems loose and it was stick with a sticker. I accidentally take if off when trying to remove cpu fan. The wire end is metal.

New, larger picture:

View: https://imgur.com/a/5hsry22

Ah, it's a little clearer, not much though. So, on the end of the black wires are two small silver coloured tabs. These actually press down onto a receiver. They fit with the most subtleness of contact. It's like a little socket (like a star shape - you will feel a little click when the two wires are in place.). The tape on it, is most likely to keep airflow off the unit. The tape is not required, but you can replace it easy. It connects the wifi card to the system. The wires also act as an antenna.

Solution