Question HP Pavilion MOBO with bad caps. 15-ab157nr

Jan 3, 2022
I am looking for some help with trying to find the correct capacitors I need. I am dealing with a 823916-001 mother board and these capacitors are next to NCP81101 output regulator. This is my first repair and I have been struggling trying to diagnose the problem. I don't have a heat gun yet so I can't do an out of circuit test and that is where my main problem is at this point. If anyone can tell me what these little guys should be replaced with, that would be awesome!
Inked20220103_165703_LI.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I might be ill informed here but the last I can recall, you're going to need a multimeter to see what the values of the capacitors are without the need of a heatgun...although you're going to need a heatgun that can focus the heat on a certain area to avoid removing surrounding components. You can also narrow down the capacitor used using it's dimensions, so with internal values and dimensions, you can then go hunting for said capacitor on Ebay or their ilk.

Tools are going to be your friend here in order to get a good job passed onto any potential customer and ofc, please make sure you're operating in a well ventilated environment unless you want to poison yourself.