Review HP Pavilion Plus (14-eh0097nr) Review: A Powerful, Shiny OLED Portable

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
#1 goal of ultrabook is to have good battery life.
This laptop fails hard.
Form over function.
Hard to see how the people in charge of creating products like this keep their jobs.

ecofriend

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
I got an Envy x360 for $1k with OLED screen. I can't see myself going back to LCD. This is a great deal, especially since it seems to be discounted to $830 at the moment. 8hr battery life doesn't bother me. I'm never gonna work that long straight and can always find a place to charge up if necessary. Besides, you could drop the resolution to get a boost in battery.

Last edited:

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
I guess the incredibly pathetic 256 GB storage didn't attract the attention of the reviewer(s)?? Any useful space left beside Windows??

What exactly are users supposed to do with this piece of junk? Use USBs to install ANY program or use a USB for storage??

Is HP so desperate for cash they use a useless $15 drive instead of $30-40 for one TB SSD? (the prices they approximately pay for such peripherals, maybe even less, considering how many they buy by thousands in bulk!!)
And we all know how "easy" it is for end-users to upgrade the almost always soldered on drives. RAM, etc!!

Yeah, great reviews....

Reactions: peterf28