Question HP Pavilion turns on but doesn't do anything

Jul 22, 2019
So I got this old HP pavilion 8660C recently and it doesn't work correctly. As soon as I plug it in (it "turns on" immediately after receiving power), the computer fans turn on and the power LED lights up but no picture is visible and no beeps are heard. The CD rom drives do open and close and the keyboard had no lights. The hard drive does NOT spin up and the power button does not let me turn of the computer no matter how long I hold it and there is no reset button on the computer. I have tried removing all devices from the expansion slots and using a different power supply and unhooking the hard drive and cd rom drives and still nothing. I put fresh thermal paste on the processor and I tried removing the ram and still nothing. The computer does not complain if i remove the ram. If anybody knows what the issue is and maybe a possible solution to it, please tell me because I have ran out of ideas

May 9, 2019
Sounds like it could be monitor issue, The monitor could have given up due to its age. If possible maybe check the monitor with another VGA system or just check the connections for any kind of tears. Tears in the connections can cause no visuals when it comes start up.

Jul 22, 2019
Sounds like it could be monitor issue, The monitor could have given up due to its age. If possible maybe check the monitor with another VGA system or just check the connections for any kind of tears. Tears in the connections can cause no visuals when it comes start up.
I don't have the original monitor or anything from it, sadly. I do know that the monitor I used while testing does work correctly