[SOLVED] HP Pavilion wont boot

rreyes0051

Commendable
May 15, 2018
I have an HP pavilion 15. When I try to turn it on the screen stays black and will just beep until I hold the power button for a few seconds and it stops but wont boot. It doesn't sound like any beep code from the service manual. I've tried reseating the RAM and the battery but it still wont boot.

Solution
I have an HP pavilion 15. When I try to turn it on the screen stays black and will just beep until I hold the power button for a few seconds and it stops but wont boot. It doesn't sound like any beep code from the service manual. I've tried reseating the RAM and the battery but it still wont boot.
Did you fix the problem? I had the same issue. Take the battery out and unplug the power cable. Press and hold the power button...
Aug 3, 2020
Did you fix the problem? I had the same issue. Take the battery out and unplug the power cable. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug the cable back in and turn the computer on. As long as it turns on leave it on, it’ll probably take up to an hour before you’ll get the HP symbol and it will start working. The BIOS battery probably needs replacing. This is what happened to me and I replaced the battery but I’m still having problems

Solution

rreyes0051

Commendable
May 15, 2018
Did you fix the problem? I had the same issue. Take the battery out and unplug the power cable. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug the cable back in and turn the computer on. As long as it turns on leave it on, it’ll probably take up to an hour before you’ll get the HP symbol and it will start working. The BIOS battery probably needs replacing. This is what happened to me and I replaced the battery but I’m still having problems
already tried the hard reset. I'll run a disk check and look into replacing the BIOS battery as well.