Hp Pavillon Hard Drive inside a Tochiba Satellite. Help.

Satellite Guy

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Broke My Hp Pavilion Laptop. Took The Hard Drive Out and Put it in a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It Works but Not as Good as Before. Slower. It Still Has a Back Up Vista Recover on the Hard Drive I Took Out, Though I Don't Have a Fresh Vista Disk Copy. What I Want to Know is Can I Do a System Recover in the New Toshiba Laptop Using the Vista from an Hp Pavilion Hard Drive. It Feels Very Risky. I Would Leave it as Is If I could Get the Windows Update to Work. I've Tried it All So No Advice on That. But Any Ideas On Weather It Will Work or Not. Or just Leave it as Is and Count My Blessing. Thanks.

A system recovery using a drive from another model laptop is not likely to help you with the slowness. Firs, are both laptops the same speed? If the one you are using now is slower, well, it will be slower. The second thing in your case is that you have a ton of drivers for the other laptop hardware, did you run all driver setups for the new model after you swapped the drives? How old is the hard drive?

Without Windows setup media you are not in good shape, best thing to do is a clean Windows setup with a non-branded Windows disk, or at least the Toshiba recovery media.