HP Photosmart Plus Printer Problem

Minish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
So, here's the deal.

I have a HP Photosmart Plus Printer on a wireless network at my house. My computer is on the same wireless network; I've checked this several times and I don't believe this is the issue. What the issue seems to be is, whenever I try to install the printer via the printer wizard, I get the error '0x00000643 - The Printer Installation Failed'.

Now, seeing this, I decided to go check if there were any answers and I got this one.

'Try this:

Open Computer Management console - Device Manager - WSD Print Provider
Now right click 'WSD Print Device' & click uninstall.
Now install printer normally using add printer wizard.
Now installation will fail with same error message.
Now In device manager - right click on the name of your computer & select scan for Hardware Changes.
Now it will find the newly installed device & the printer will work properly.'

I have done this several times with no luck. The problem seems to be with the second to last step. When I select 'scan for hardware changes', the computer does not find and install the device. Instead, it tells me it can't find the driver software and asks if I'd like to search for it. Over the course of many attempts I've realized the computer can't fix this, and instead it simply says it doesn't know what the driver software is.

After spending the last two hours attempting to install it, I decided to ask if anyone else had this problem and what the best way to fix it, if so, is.

Thanks!

No install CD for the printer, I assume; and if you have already been to this link, you didn't say so, so, here it is: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3777182&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us