Question HP Probook 6570b with Intel ac-7260 connection issues

graveller39

Honorable
Jun 30, 2019
I have an HP Probook 6570b with an Intel 7260.HMWG.R Revised network card. Lately, the connection has been a bit spotty - dropping out completely at times. For what its worth, I rebooted the router - no idea if that might make a difference.

I'd be fine to replace the card if I knew what card might be appropriate/compatible, but any info I've found is more than a bit confusing. I happen to have an Intel WiFi Link 5100, Model 512AN_HMW and a TP-LINK TL-WN752N USB adapter. Is there any way to know if either of these would work? I can try I suppose, but the other concern is how to find the drivers needed (I'm using Windows 7 Pro). It seems Intel has been kind enough to remove all traces of their older drivers.

If I were to install a new card, would I still be able to revert to the ac-7260 if the new card didn't work? i.e. will the OS be able to re-install the right driver for the ac-7260?

Having said all that, I'd be happy with a more up to date card - again though, how do I know what would be compatible? I'd rather not upgrade to Windows 10, but I suppose as a last resort, I could.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

firstcompsvc

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2012
I purchased 10 AC-7260 wifi cards and they were Lenovo FRU cards. They will not work in my HP laptop Device manager says cannot start. Would like to get the lenovo software for them but lenovo's website will not let you get drivers unless you have a serial number and even then they want to scan you computer.