HP splash screen hangs

Pavilion 4535

Anyone know what it means when the HP splash screen hangs on boot BEFORE
Power On Self Test?

If I reboot four or five times it may get past that screen (occasionally it
hangs at the end of the POST at the PRESS F1 FOR SETUP at which stage it
doesn't go into setup) but how do I get past the pre-boot-splash screen and
what may be causing it? I am pretty sure I am up to date with BIOS updates?

I am having the same exact problem on my n5250 notebook. Also I
noticed my fan, PS/2 port, USB, and PC card have no power going to
them. :cry: Sorry I am no help to you nanmegan, I'm just adding
myself to the help request. If I find something out, I
will be sure to post back to this massage. :D

:twisted: :evil: :x 8) :roll: :? :( :cry: :| :shock: :?: I'm
supposed to sell this laptop to my friend, but I feel like the smiley
faces- Frustrated. I hope that the motherboard isnt
messed up. Laptops dont have i/o controller hubs, do
they?