HP Splits In Two, Will Become Separate Enterprise And Consumer Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't care too much what they do because I know at the end of the day their printers are still going to be more trouble than they are worth, their computers are still going to have the most problems and the highest fail rates, and their customer service is still going to be a very painful terrible processes. It would be great if they would go out of business so better companies would pick up the slack. Even Dell does much better in all areas though they charge a bit too much.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Honestly I don't care too much what they do because I know at the end of the day their printers are still going to be more trouble than they are worth, their computers are still going to have the most problems and the highest fail rates, and their customer service is still going to be a very painful terrible processes. It would be great if they would go out of business so better companies would pick up the slack. Even Dell does much better in all areas though they charge a bit too much.

Except, that reliability record is for their consumer machines, not their workstations. The two are developed by entirely separate teams....

m2guel

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

Do you know who would pick up the slack, the Chinese, but who cares right ? I do not think the US benefits from the $112 billions of revenue that HP makes each year, nor the hundreds of thousands of US workers and their dependent families.

Well their workstations might be better, but their consumer units are garbage.

@m2guel: Who do you think makes it all now? Most of the big tech companies are international, most don't finance in the USA, and the bulk of all hardware parts are actually created in other places. The only reason HP sells so many products is cause they cut corners in areas which lead to products failing fast so they are cheaper, and they have been around forever so people who don't know better trust them more. I don't think just because they are located in the USA means that they should be allowed to sell crap at the same price as good products and be given a pass. Shopping and actually caring if the laptop will survive for more than a year completely removes them from consideration on any educated shoppers list anyways so they are only surviving on the poorly made decisions of others.

I never said we should pick up some Chinese company to do it all instead, but I certainly don't think HP should keep selling their crap products to people. If you want US products, buy Dell, IBM, or Apple (all of which like HP are actually created over seas). If you just want the best product for the price then you have Dell, Apple, Acer, MSI, Lenovo, IBM, Asus, etc. which don't make products nearly as bad as HP.

VanceP

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
I work at HP as a tech and we have been restructuring for the last 2 years for this, the announcement means only that the company is focusing on each group not getting weaker in any way by doing this... in fact it puts us in a stronger position for both markets. the tech support groups have been setup for this as has all departments for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS