News HP To Acquire HyperX for $425 Million

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Ouch. I liked HyperX, and I like Kingston products. I have been less than impressed with HP products. This acquisition tells me HyperX is going to transition from decent products to low-quality, cheapo, overly designed gamer junk with flashy colors. Disappointing.

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Noo..HyperX, especially their headsets are pretty decent overall. HP on the other hand, is pretty lack luster. This isn't good. Gonna have to buy some extra's to have on hand just in case.

Reactions: Nestea_Zen
Feb 24, 2021
pffft ... after few years we will be left off with two brands only in the PC market.

I dont understand why people sell their hard work that easy while it is successful . I would never sell my business if it is successful even if offered 5 times what it is worth.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Actually the way I see it, I think it is good for Kingston to step away from ths oversaturated gaming periperhals market. Every known PC or PC component maker wants a slice of this market, and frankly, there are way too many. While I don't deny HyperX produces some decent products, I really wonder they sell that well as compared to more establish brands like Corsair, Logitech, etc.

Actually the way I see it, I think it is good for Kingston to step away from ths oversaturated gaming periperhals market. Every known PC or PC component maker wants a slice of this market, and frankly, there are way too many. While I don't deny HyperX produces some decent products, I really wonder they sell that well as compared to more establish brands like Corsair, Logitech, etc.
Some of their stuff sold quite well, but I would also like to see how they did in all segments of the peripheral market.
Their Cloud series headsets were very popular for a long while, sorta disrupted the logitech G35 and 930 reign that was on for a while.
The quadcast was also a surprising product out of kingston, right up there with the market leaders.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
While I don't deny HyperX produces some decent products, I really wonder they sell that well as compared to more establish brands like Corsair, Logitech, etc.
HyperX stuff sells extremely well. Their headsets are very good and very popular, and they just recently released a new microphone, Solocast, that is an absolutely unbeatable deal at USD 60 (made Razer Seiren Mini obsolete overnight) which is getting wiped out from shelves everywhere it appears.

vern72

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012
There goes another good brand down the drain. I love my Cloud headphones and all the goodies that it came with. I'm not sure who I'm going to go with next if they should every break.

There goes another good brand down the drain. I love my Cloud headphones and all the goodies that it came with. I'm not sure who I'm going to go with next if they should every break.
If you dont need the mic it would be a good sign to upgrade to real headphones over a headset.
I loved my Cloud IIs, used them near daily since they launched what, 6 years ago? Finally gave out so I upgraded.