Question HP X360 factory reset not functioning as it should

Nov 30, 2021
hi All,

I've an issue with an HP X360 14-dy0015na that I'm trying to reset back to it's original setup. If I go through the usual method, I get to the point where it should start the reset but it comes up with the keyboard selection.

I've managed to install windows - I had to download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver to do this though. as it wasn't seeing the SSD drive during setup. Then I had to do all the driver updates to get the mousepad working - used a usb mouse while updating. Everything was ok after all the updates were installed.

Then tried to do a reset to get it to the initial Win 10 setup as I was going to sell the laptop. I went through the reset process to remove everything, select local install, and remove all files but it comes up with keyboard layout, then troubleshoot/advanced options so you can’t reset it. I don't get back to the configuration portion of the installation when the Cortana introduction comes in. Any ideas how to sort this would be gratefully received. It has the latest BIOS, Intel Core i3 11th Gen, 8GB ram, 256GB Samsung SSD

Cheers

Nov 30, 2021
You are after win 10 OOBE (Out of box experience)

this is how to trigger it

but it still leaves your account existing (I think)
link

this post might help - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...ck-to-initial-screen-after-install/?p=4758163
hi,

thanks for the info. I'm not sure why, but it looks to have started functioning correctly again now. It never got to the point "ready to reset this pc" so I created another usb installer, and ran it from within Windows rather than booting up from it (i'd tried both from within windows and booting from a usb previously)

With the new usb install setup, it functioned correctly. Not sure if it's something different on the USB installer but it gets to "ready to reset this pc" so I'm happy to leave it like that!

The link to reddit will be very useful for me I think. If it happens again, I'll try that method to see how it works

cheers