HP Z210 Workstation Unknown Sound

waffleisback

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
I just bought an HP Z210 CTM Workstation off of eBay. So far I'm really happy with the purchase however when the computer is on it makes a strange noise. I'm not sure how to describe it but I have linked below a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbvwHaQ4BsA
( The noise I'm talking about is the high pitched squeal, you can hear it more toward the end.. You may need to turn up your volume. )
I have an SSD installed so I know it's not that. I unplugged the CPU fan from the motherboard and booted my computer up for a minute or two and I didn't hear it making this noise.
Should I be concerned? Also I should mention that there are no cables rubbing on the fan.

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
Hmm. When I did not use my headphones to listen to the sound but rather used my soundsystem in the living room I got a different sound :s
That is not a fan sound.

That is coil whine.

You got 2 options.

1. swap the part who makes the coil whine.

2. Find the coil that produce the whine and apply some clear nail polish to it (maybe it will not remove the sound but it should reduce it for you.)

waffleisback

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017

I unplugged the CPU fan and booted into Windows to see if it was the CPU fan. As it turns out it wasn't. So next I unplugged the other case fan on the back of the case, again booted into Windows and I still heard the noise. Should I be worried about this sound?

Thanks.

waffleisback

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017

I unplugged the CPU fan and booted into Windows to see if it was the CPU fan. As it turns out it wasn't. So next I unplugged the other case fan on the back of the case, again booted into Windows and I still heard the noise. Should I be worried about this sound?

Thanks.

Hmm. When I did not use my headphones to listen to the sound but rather used my soundsystem in the living room I got a different sound :s
That is not a fan sound.

That is coil whine.

You got 2 options.

1. swap the part who makes the coil whine.

2. Find the coil that produce the whine and apply some clear nail polish to it (maybe it will not remove the sound but it should reduce it for you.)

Solution

waffleisback

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017

Okay, Would you have any idea as to what the part could be producing this noise?