Question HP Z800 Integrated audio question

doug_c

Honorable
Oct 26, 2018
I got a 2012 HP Z800 last year that was previously a bank workstation. The IT guy I got it from said it needed a sound card as there was no onboard sound. I've added a USB sound card which has some issues and would like something more stable. Reading up on the Z800 specs it says it comes equipped with integrated audio on the mobo. But the front sound input and output jacks didn't work when I got it.

I'm not that qualified when it comes to systems and want to make sure I don't screw up my system. I went into BIOS and under Advanced Option/Device Options it says the Integrated Sound is disabled.

If I enable this will the integrated sound now work and are there any issues I need to be aware of when making BIOS changes like this ?
Also will this conflict with the sound drivers installed for my USB sound card ?

My goal is to use the integrated sound on the Z800 if at all possible.

thanks...

kanewolf

Titan
I got a 2012 HP Z800 last year that was previously a bank workstation. The IT guy I got it from said it needed a sound card as there was no onboard sound. I've added a USB sound card which has some issues and would like something more stable. Reading up on the Z800 specs it says it comes equipped with integrated audio on the mobo. But the front sound input and output jacks didn't work when I got it.

I'm not that qualified when it comes to systems and want to make sure I don't screw up my system. I went into BIOS and under Advanced Option/Device Options it says the Integrated Sound is disabled.

If I enable this will the integrated sound now work and are there any issues I need to be aware of when making BIOS changes like this ?
Also will this conflict with the sound drivers installed for my USB sound card ?

My goal is to use the integrated sound on the Z800 if at all possible.

thanks...
The simple answer is "try it". The quality may be poor. It is not designed for a high quality sound environment.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

doug_c

Honorable
Oct 26, 2018
The simple answer is "try it". The quality may be poor. It is not designed for a high quality sound environment.

I tried it with no luck.

I enabled the integrated audio in BIOS but when it tried to boot there was a single loud beep and an error message that said "Front audio not connected".