Hp zr30w vs larger led tv

c0ldfusion

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Hello everyone.. I recently built my first system with help from this site. My only use for this computer is gaming. I bought a hp zr30w monitor and have been enjoying it for the past 2 weeks. However, Im considering returning it because of the distance i sit from it. I am currently sitting about 6 feet from it (laying in bed). I think the 30" is a little too small at this distance. I'm weighing the following options:

1. Get a 40-46" LED TV - I understand I'll be sacrificing a lot of resolution with this alternative. I'm also still struggling to find a suitable tv as a monitor replacement. (price max is $1500). Two tv's Im considering are the Sony Bravia KDL-46NX720 and the Samsung UN46B7000.

2. New desk, chair, and keep the zr 30w.

I do like zr 30w very much. However, I find myself wishing the screen was larger and I could continue to play/use my comp while laying in bed instead of at a desk. Let me know what you guys think.

I have a pc connected to a 50" plasma at 1080p resolution minus some overscan. It's fine for playing back recorded tv shows, playing dvds, etc. It works great for PS3 style games. But i would not want to browse the web with that system. (or on a 30" monitor at 6 ft). Reading with the 50" means moving your head from side to side. (my main pc is connect to a 24" 1920x1200. that's the system i'm using now. No way i'd do this append on the 50" plasma.)