Question hp145-fq0060na laptop upgrading

Sean_50

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2016
hi ive manage to upgrade my memory, there a space for a small hardrive and a slot for small square nvi dardrive , think its called, got the lead for extend hardrive but it wont fit on slot, whats the max size of sata hardrive can i add, have i bought the right cable, and whats the max size nvi size i can add, any ifeao where i cfit it, thanks for your time and advice
View: https://imgur.com/a/Q1ZpU6o
images

Lutfij

Titan
whats the max size of sata hardrive can i add
2TB HDD's in a 2.5" form factor is possible.

and whats the max size nvi size i can add
You mean an M.2 drive?

Everything said here still holds true;
I you can't see it;
1| The slim drive you speak of is for a 2.5" drive, you would be best served by dropping an SSD in there.
2| The connector will go on the white latch at the top of your image near where the audio port is(in your 3rd image).
3| You should be able to drop in and capacity M.2 SSD but you will need a screw to hold down the M.2 drive.

Your SKU for the laptop seems to be off, I can't find a manual for an hp 145-fg0060na, can you check to see what the sticker under your laptop says?

Sean_50

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2016
hi when I said size I meant capacity of both drives, I have a spare 1tb SSD, but if I cant find the right connector to use, do you know what connector I need, what's the max capacity of m.2 drive, I have searched the HP site and there's no info there,
thanks
sean

Sean_50

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2016
got the 8 pin connecttor, still wont regognise either ssd 2,5 or sata, tried an m.2 500 gig, still nothing, hp are useless, they want me tp pay a premium helpline in order to discuss it, and they said they may not be able to help, useles

Sean_50

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2016
whats the max size of sata hardrive can i add
2TB HDD's in a 2.5" form factor is possible.

and whats the max size nvi size i can add
You mean an M.2 drive?

Everything said here still holds true;
sorry for the delay, been trying to buy new pc of ebay, bought 5 sent 5 back, all just filled with chineses drives or corrupt bios on fake boards, co just ordered parts and building it myself, works out cheaper and part have warranty,
HP want me to ring premium rate phone to ask where to buy parts, finnally found 8pin lead with sata connectore on oposite end, but it wont regonise either a sata or ssd, ssd is 500 mb sata is 2.5 320, i love the laptop but its slow as hell cos the internal hd is something stupid like 60gig, heres whats on back of laptop if thats helps for
just need to know what lead to buy (ive bought 5 of aali express as i cant find any on hp suppliers or online, also what mass ssd and max m.2 drive please
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/th28...ey=n0kr2s6olnk0x48jhr96niq6w&st=t3u70x3f&dl=0

Last edited: