HP's Envy 17 With Blu-ray 3D, Envy 14 With Beats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Not bad specs, but seems like it`ll be hell on almost any battery you put in there. Has anyone heard the sound from these? I`ve usually had nothing but crappy experiences with built in speakers.

haramir

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I'm still not sold on 3D. I agree that any solution would have to be sans-glasses. I have a family of 5 and having that many glasses just doesn't seem practical. Not to mention, what do you do if you have company over to watch a movie? Maybe I need to visit some retailers and look at some more TV's and computers to be convinced. Unfortunately, I don't know of any good trade shows in Indiana where I can see the most advanced models.

Ch33ky

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
What about 3D contact lenses?
i'm just kidding but it would be
nice to
not have to wear those glasses
every time you want to
rock out to a 3D movie ....

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Boy that puppy would be fun. Will have to make do with my old laptop though.. Would be interesting to see people watching 3D movies in public though.... haha people used to watch stuff all the time around University of Akron campus. Would like to see them doing so in glasses.

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Still hoping that 3d is a fad, that it dies again and then true 3d displays that don't rely on fooling your brain come to fruition sometime in the near future.

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Well if you perceive 3D from a flat display, it's fooling your brain. I agree with what I think you're saying: 3D displays that don't require stupid glasses.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm really hoping the 3D fad goes away quickly. I don't want this to take over every single product that gets released. It will be like when we went from 16:10 monitors to everything being full 1080p HD. No thanks. I'll take my extra pixels and no 3D please.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]theoutbound[/nom]I'm really hoping the 3D fad goes away quickly. I don't want this to take over every single product that gets released. It will be like when we went from 16:10 monitors to everything being full 1080p HD. No thanks. I'll take my extra pixels and no 3D please.[/citation]
Not to mention that people with eyesight problems could be screwed.

danieth

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Why not the Envy 17 with the headphones, your already paying enough for it. The Envy 17 looks nice though, and it doesn't look like that bad of a gaming laptop (the parts are very similar to the Acer Aspire 8943g, which does fairly good at benchmarks) and the sound features are only a bonus.
If i really needed a headset, the Envy 14 seems like a good choice, and an alternative to a 13 inch apple laptop.

Why is 3d still so "in", I don't think it works that well yet, but that's only me. If 3d was really so revolutionary then apple would jump in.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]tu_illegalamigo[/nom]Not bad specs, but seems like it`ll be hell on almost any battery you put in there. Has anyone heard the sound from these? I`ve usually had nothing but crappy experiences with built in speakers.[/citation]I have the 15" one (Core i5/5830/4gb/500gb). I can stay on balanced mode (text/internet browsing without videos) for almost 2 hours.
The i7 does have an issue. 17" + an i7 = 1hr battery. +-.

Status
Not open for further replies.