HTC Desire 500 Arrives in UK This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjiro

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
"it enables powerful multitasking"
Can't really multitask with only 1GB of ram, waiting for android to take apps out of ram so you can load a new one isn't exactly "powerful multitasking"...

G

Sanjiro, I can multitask smoothly on my Nexus 7 and Asus Infinity with absolutely no delay switching between apps is seamless on 4.2 and above. 1GB is loads of RAM and a lot can be done with it on Android, you clearly dont understand how Android (Linux) multitasking works. You could probably multitask just fine on 512MB RAM, its just that all the phones with that are 4.0 and below which dont multitask great

sanjiro

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Wozza365, not sure if we're talking about the same multitasking here; in my case I have a lot of apps running simultaneously on my Galaxy Note SGH-i717 (Android 4.1.2, 1GB Ram, Dualcore S3) such as Fongo, Juice Defender, EasyEyez, Onovo Extend and occasionally media player such as PVSTAR+ or Winamp in the background; usually with all those apps (not including the media players) I use a little over 600MB of available 743MB ram according to the task manager.

As soon as I load a media player or chrome, I notice my ram usage goes over 700MB and background apps start to close on their own; as far as I know that is because Android allocates more ram to the currently active app; as soon as I close the media player or chrome and ram frees up, I see my background apps start back up.

When using my friend's North American Galaxy S3 which has 2GB of ram, I noticed no such issues and I can run all my normal background apps, a media player and chrome with multiple tabs without having anything close on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.