HTC Launches "One" Product Line With Android 4.0, 8MP Cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKTPE

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
That's what we need, more HTC phones with ambiguous names to flood the market and confuse consumers.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Sh*t. Just got my Galaxy Nexus like 2 months ago and I already want this.Photo quality and video quality are important to me. :|[/citation]
lol....be happy with what you have....you will never have the best or the fastest product....tech advances way to fast to keep up

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Camera camera camera. Now what about battery life with that quad core and big display? My single core HTC Inspire only lasts about 90 mins if I were to talk the battery down from 100%, and that's with Juice Defender running. Forgive me if it was mentioned during the conference....I just can't watch a 25 minute press conference in hopes of hearing mention of a "feature" that is of more priority for me than an improved camera.

marclee37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
there could be a better name.. one x, one y, one z sounds odd.. what about two x three y four z...? 2nd generation would be one x2, one y2 etc.. "one" is not an apparent noun it creates the confusion again HTC

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Instead of trying to build a better camera into a phone, why not build a phone into a decent DSLR?
:)

anyway, the phone seems well designed, but I would like to know how much RAM it has installed.

Would also like to see benchmarks on wireless reliability since they are going with a metallic case.

Would also be interested in see if if any phone makers would be willing to go back to the older design of thicker/ stronger but still slightly flexible plastic and buffer zones for impact. (phone makers have focuses so much on making phones thinner that they have become weaker to a point where the most popular accessory for modern smart phones is a bulky protective case for the phone)

peevee

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Who needs 4 cores in a phone? On the other hand, you need you phone to work when you need to make a call, what those 4 cores do to your battery life?
And what is with all those alternative names for plastic? "Polycarbonate"? Just plastic, group 7. Like you water cooler bottle.

G

Finally, HTC understands getting behind a BRAND that will garner customer loyalty, shape brand identity and demonstrate technology leadership. Abandoning the promising EVO and lumping its innovation into a poorly named "Sensation" and relegating it to TMobile, the sinking carrier, are all bad moves while iPhone and Galaxy spread their flagshipness on multiple carriers.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Wow, that's interestin. Nokia just launched 41 Megapixel cameraphone. You heard right, fourty one megapixels. Who gives a damn what HTC does anyhow?

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]"One" more reason why apple phones are inferior and way behind in technology. LOL[/citation]
Wait a week. There announcement is march 7. But good try.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Wait a week. There announcement is march 7. But good try.[/citation]

LOL, Fail. The same comment from every Apple communist. " Just wait until the next iPhone" or "just wait until next year" or " wait til next week when they release the details of the next iPhone soon, that will come out this summer".

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Quad-core CPU with a dedicated imaging processor?
Same as many others here, I'm concerned about battery life in this unit. Most of us struggle with that on our existing phones!

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
[citation][nom]peevee[/nom]Who needs 4 cores in a phone?[/citation]

Did you say the same thing when the first quad-core processor hit the market for your desktop? Or when dual processors first hit the scene?

I wonder how it compares to the original galaxy S's SAMOLED screen and its Wolfson WM8994 sound codec. The wolfson has hardware equalizer, 24-bit 4-channel DAC and the built in amp can drive 300ohm headphones. Sucks samsung switched to the yamaha instead... and If its like the other HTC devices ive seen they're just going to fall short... Please HTC put some good hardware in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS