HTC One A9 Smartphone: A Midrange iPhone 6 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

apertotes

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Wow! So, first Apple copies HTC with the iPhone 6, and now it is HTC who is copying Apple? It had been months since I had read an article as biased as this one.

wkwilley2

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
If someone was holding it and had the logo obscured with their fingers, then yeah, it looks like an iphone, from the front, it looks nothing like an iphone.

GPUEnthusiast

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Now, now. Let's not be so dystopian..
First of all, great review by Mr. Davies as always.
HTC is stuck in the same rut that Archos was stuck in, in the mid 2000s. Archos had one of the first and best MP3 players with a touch screen. They also had one of the first video MP4 players which had 100GB of storage, a massive amount for the time. Yet now, they are delegated to making cheap low end budget Android smartphones and some feature phones.

The difference is, I believe HTC will be able to get a grip and innovate. The Vive VR Headset that they are making for Valve already shows a large amount of hope, and for all intents and purposes, the HTC One M7 and One M8 were great flagships, on par with the S4 and S5, and Xperia Z2 and Z3 that they competed with. The biggest failings of the One M9 was the piss poor camera, and blistering fully clocked Snapdragon 810 chipset.

sharksman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I am sorry, I don't see where the "iPhone clone" claim came from. The front looks nothing like iApple's toy and the design language of the back place follows most of the past direction except now it is flat.
Or does iApple now have a patent on "flat rears" as well?
This smells like intentional mild controversial clickbait. Shame on you Alex Davies

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
So no front facing stereo speakers, on screen buttons with all that bezel and no USB C connection? HTC are you trying to piss off your future and current customers looking to upgrade?

Kudos for 2TB MicroSD storage though

Status
Not open for further replies.