HTC One VX Announced, Coming to AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]oneblackened[/nom]HTC phones are built like ***.[/citation]
I'll disagree on that one.
I've used HTC "One X" for quite a while (more than 4 months) and it never failed me even once: it's super-fast, has tons of useful features, and the quality of build is top-notch.
Tough I do agree that this "VX" one aren't really worth getting.

xyro

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
With the specs of the phone I think a model like this would be good for their GoPhone plans. Give PrePaid users something better without having to unlock a phone and changing settings away from default.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Be0wulf22[/nom]960 x 540? Have they been living under a rock for the past 2 years?[/citation]
This isn't a top end phone, it never was meant to be. It's basically a mid range phone with mid range specs so that resolution is appropriate. BTW it says right in the title that it's a refresh of the One S and not a replacement for the One X, can't expect every single phone to be a top end one.

dgingeri

Distinguished
HTC has also unveiled an upgrade to its One S

How is this an upgrade from the One S? It's got slower processors, a lower end camera, and less storage.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s-4574.php

I ought to know, I have a One S on T-mobile. (Far, FAR better internet access than AT&T, at least in Denver, no matter how much faster they claim they are. I switched from AT&T to T-mobile because AT&T sucked so much, both on a corporate attitude level and on a signal strength/ coverage/ internet speed level.)

dezze

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]How is this an upgrade from the One S?[/citation]

You're right, sounds like this is more of an upgrade of the One V rather than the high-end-ish One S.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I have a One S, and don't see this as even a minor upgrade. All you're getting is a bigger screen and a faster CPU, and when you do that you're in One X territory.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]oneblackened[/nom]Can't say I care, HTC phones are built like shit.[/citation]

You dont know what the f your talking about either. HTC builds some of the highest quality android phones. My 2.5 year old EVO, that is not protected in a case, is still working perfectly with no scratches on the screen, and this is after more drops on the ground(concrete, tile, wood) than I can count.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]You dont know what the f your talking about either. HTC builds some of the highest quality android phones. My 2.5 year old EVO, that is not protected in a case, is still working perfectly with no scratches on the screen, and this is after more drops on the ground(concrete, tile, wood) than I can count.[/citation]
Any particular reason not to put it in a nice case to keep it like new? Like new really is a good thing. Really, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.