HTC Opera UL May be First Facebook Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I will be avoiding this one like the plague and will recommend that my friends and family do the same. Why would anybody want MORE Facebook crap on their phone? Their browser and mobile app UIs are all horrible. Just imagine how bad an entire FB overlay would be on your Android phone!

G

I could have sworn the HTC Status was the first smartphone for major facebook usage...

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Sorry but I didn't get it. It's an HTC phone, right? Only focused on FB usage. So why label it "Facebook Smartphone?" It's an HTC smartphone ffs. Or will Mark Zuckerberg develop it?

And I'll not even joke about how calling something Facebook-oriented "smart" isn't very correct.

[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]And I'll not even joke about how calling something Facebook-oriented "smart" isn't very correct.[/citation]
Taking the "smart" clean out of "smartphone". :p I don't even have the app installed on my phone; if I need to go to Facebook when I'm away from my desktop or laptop (which is rarely) I just use the mobile site, which still works just fine.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I still recall when the FB app stole into my phone address book and copied it all. I'll not have a FB app on my phone and I don't think I'll ever bother with their phone.

G

[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]Sorry but I didn't get it. It's an HTC phone, right? Only focused on FB usage. So why label it "Facebook Smartphone?" It's an HTC smartphone ffs. Or will Mark Zuckerberg develop it?And I'll not even joke about how calling something Facebook-oriented "smart" isn't very correct.[/citation]

Facebooks area is not producing products, therefore they source out the phones from someone, Apple do not build their phones, Foxconn do, Google do not build the nexus devices, a range of companies build them, including Samsung, ASUS and LG

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
[citation][nom]wozza365[/nom]Facebooks area is not producing products, therefore they source out the phones from someone, Apple do not build their phones, Foxconn do, Google do not build the nexus devices, a range of companies build them, including Samsung, ASUS and LG[/citation]

Apple and Google don't manufacture, but they do develop their products. The news here and on its source make me think it's just another HTC phone bundled with FB apps - which doesn't make it a FB phone afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.