HTC Q4 Becomes Worst Quarter in 8 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid
I know Samsung is just devastated by this news.

On another note perhaps HTC will re-introduce swappable batteries and micro SD cards. If the Droid DNA had implemented these it would have been really nice.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
Maybe it's because the HTC One X is such a masculine phone. We know how much ladies love their phones and perhaps they just don't buy the latest HTCs.

contentsmayvary

Honorable
May 28, 2012
>>The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer blamed its lack of marketing on a dire 2012.

Surely: The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer blamed its dire 2012 on a lack of marketing.

Otherwise it doesn't make much sense...

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Even tho I'll be bashed by Samsung fans, the HTC One X is a better phone than the Galaxy S III.
It feels better in my hand and it doesn't feel cheap at all.
It has a better processor (sure, Tegra processors sux when we need a Custom ROM, oh well) and Sense is waaaay better than TouchWiz..
The only problems are that with the new Android 4.1.1 introduced new bugs such as random reboots (every week or so - not really a problem), removed the battery stats from 4.0.4 that was great to know how your battery was performing and now 4.1.1 is using a lot more energy than 4.0.4.. Hopefully they will address this..

Compared to Samsung? I'll go HTC all the way.. But they have to stop using Tegra processors (thank god DNA/Butterfly and the newest ones won't use it) to fulfill my Custom ROM needs. ;)

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]ricardok[/nom]Even tho I'll be bashed by Samsung fans, I think the HTC One X is a better phone than the Galaxy S III. It feels better in my hand and it doesn't feel cheap at all. It has a processor with four cores, but it needs them to perform as well as the US version the S III (sure, Tegra processors sux when we need a Custom ROM, oh well) and I like Sense more than TouchWiz. The only problems are that it doesn't have expandable memory or a removable battery, the camera lens protrudes so it can get all scratched up, and with the new Android 4.1.1 introduced new bugs such as random reboots (every week or so - not really a problem), removed the battery stats from 4.0.4 that was great to know how your battery was performing and now 4.1.1 is using a lot more energy than 4.0.4.. Hopefully they will address this..Compared to Samsung? I'll go HTC all the way because I like to root for the underdog. But they have to stop using Tegra processors (thank god DNA/Butterfly and the newest ones won't use it) to fulfill my Custom ROM needs.[/citation]

Fixed that for you.

We're not gonna bash you, this isn't high school. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and HTC needs loyal fans like you, especially in their time of need.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]Maybe even dual micro SD card. That don't need to turn off the phone to insert/eject?Or maybe, strange strange, a bigger battery?[/citation]

Exactly... with Android 4.x the flag ship phones (especially with 4.8 or larger screens) need to have 2 micro sdxc card slots and 8000 or 10,000mah batteries standard.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]Exactly... with Android 4.x the flag ship phones (especially with 4.8 or larger screens) need to have 2 micro sdxc card slots and 8000 or 10,000mah batteries standard.[/citation]
Its funny, because you are being scaracstic, and yet, most of the techies on this site, including myself, would say that yes, dual micro sdxc cards, 4.8" screens and large, < 3500 mah batteries, SHOULD be a STARTING POINT for high end phones...

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
so sad to see that they couldn't capitalize on their earlier success.. honestly between iphone 5, s iii, one x i would still pick one x over the other two.. nt simply because i am a fanboy or something.. but because it really feels solid in my hand and i can feel the sense of premium product in which i pay its premium price.. plus i really like the htc sense ui.. it just plain beautiful.. but somehow to achieve these htc decided to go for non-removable battery, low battery capacity and diminished micro sd slot which kinda let me down as user..

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
before i bought my very 1st android smartphone.. the htc sensation xe already in the market for quite sometime.. and htc one x was indeed in my list until after deep consideration for a long time i was decided not to buy it instead because of its small, non-removable battery and its poor battery life moreover it only uses micro-sim card which i dislike as well and instead i opted to buy sky vega s5 a840s.. if not of those reasons above their bank account would definitely have my money already..

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Its funny, because you are being scaracstic, and yet, most of the techies on this site, including myself, would say that yes, dual micro sdxc cards, 4.8" screens and large, < 3500 mah batteries, SHOULD be a STARTING POINT for high end phones...[/citation]

agreed, i carry around a 10,000mah power bank to charge in between since my nexus only has a 1850 mah battery so needed it and gauntlet node external hdd fixed the storage limits

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I am in the market for a new phone and i am seriously looking at the DNA (was going with WP8 but decided against it) the ONLY reason I'm taking a second look at the SIII is due to lack of battery replacement. I don't have much music so the lack of storage (and i will admit there is def a lack of storage) is not a big deal. As a matter of fact, i would LOVE to have had the option to buy the HTC Butterfly, screw NFC, ill never use it anyways and give me SD which i may or may not use but its nice to have that option.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Fixed that for you.We're not gonna bash you, this isn't high school. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and HTC needs loyal fans like you, especially in their time of need.[/citation]

Are you serious? The One X with Jelly Bean destroys the S3 in benchmarks. The One X+ is in a whole different league.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]agreed, i carry around a 10,000mah power bank to charge in between since my nexus only has a 1850 mah battery so needed it and gauntlet node external hdd fixed the storage limits[/citation]
I know at least 2 people who carry around extended batteries around with them, and multiple SDHC cards...

Techies love their tech... Tech is pretty worthless when 'used up'...

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]Are you serious? The One X with Jelly Bean destroys the S3 in benchmarks. The One X+ is in a whole different league.[/citation]
Faster...faster doing what? Loading web pages? Folding-@-home? Running Crysis? Encoding video? S3 is fast. The UI is fast. It has expandable storage and a removable battery. I want to understand what the One X has that could possibly be more meaningful. What does the One X do that is meaningfully faster?

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I jumped on the HTC band wagon when I got my EVO 4G, android 2.3, 4G wimax through sprint (biggest mistake I made), Seido 3500mah battery, 32gb micro SDXC card.... life is good.

Contract ended with Sprint, decided they could suck it, started looking at HTC's new flag ship phones..... where did the Micro SDXC card slot go? (One X) or what ever they call it........ sealed back cover to discourage changing the battery like the Iphones (with out hacking it).......

I was like WTF happend at HTC..... did they have a brain hemorrhage in their R&D deparment...... this is what their flag ship phone is.......

Then the GS3 came out...... I am not saying its the "perfect" phone, but OMG.....it has a card slot (should have 2) and I can get different batteries for it..... hook me up....... lol by by HTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.