HTC Reveals Expanded Vive Accessories Lineup Including Universal Tracking Device, Deluxe Audio Headstrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Now if I could just not get sick in 2 seconds of use I would be set with some of these great additions.
Really wish I wasn't a motion sickness person. I should of known better before buying that I wouldn't be able to actually use the damn thing.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

I'm really curious about your experience.
Which games have you tried? What video card are your running?

I have a friend who gets motion sickness watching fast moving scenes on a TV screen, but he has no trouble with the Vive at all.

It's using radio waves. They literally cannot harm you unless the emitted energy is enough for the heat to harm you.

Which is not relevant for wireless connections, especially local ones. Getting a radio wave to travel a couple feet inside your room is nothing compared to making one reach a cell tower that could be miles away through walls and trees and whatnot.

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

If your having issues with motion sickness than its probably not tracking properly or your PC isnt powerful enough for whatever you are playing. You need 90FPS SOLID in any game for as long as you play it

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Agreed it could be my PC. I have an i5 2500k OC to 4.4Ghz and GTX 970 also OC. I am planning on buying a new rig early this year to try and improve things. Just waiting on Kaby and Ryzen to launch so I can make a choice.
I was going to sell the Vive but I've decided to wait until after the PC upgrade to see if it makes a difference, since VR is so awesome.
I have tried lots of VR games. Steam refund is my friend.
The fastest and worst sickness I have suffered was from Subnautica. Literally got sick as I jumped into the water for the first time.
Final Approach made me sick after about 5 mins.
Space Pirate Trainer is my most successful game. I can play it for 15mins before starting to get ill.
I've got and played a lot more.
I'm just hopeless with motion sickness.

_TheD0ct0r_

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

The minimum spec for the CPU is an Intel 4590. I highly recommend getting a 6th or 7th gen cpu though. I mean, the 4th gen cpus are still really good, but if you wanna stay up to date with the latest tech and efficiency, 6th/7th is the way to go. I recommend the 4690k if you are going for 4th gen

Status
Not open for further replies.