[SOLVED] HTML file doesn't show same as file preview

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I saved a HTML file that had info on a purchase. When I open the file in Firefox or Edge not all of the information in the File Explorer preview of the HTML file. Plus, in the preview, some of the text floats over the main body of the preview and cannot be accessed or deleted. What options do I have to open the entire file, properly formatted?

Solution
I saved a HTML file that had info on a purchase. When I open the file in Firefox or Edge not all of the information in the File Explorer preview of the HTML file. Plus, in the preview, some of the text floats over the main body of the preview and cannot be accessed or deleted. What options do I have to open the entire file, properly formatted?
That purchase info is dynamically generated, not statically saved as part of the HTML.

USAFRet

Titan
That purchase info is dynamically generated, not statically saved as part of the HTML.

Solution
Aug 4, 2020
html and css are both in the project tree, both in working set on a horizontal split. I included a video in my first post that shows the folder hierarchy... pretty standard stuff— html in root of project folder, css and images and js in their own folders.

I've tried both experimental (which chrome and safari), and regular (chrome obvs), no differences in behavior.

I suppose I'll try a fresh install. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't something obvious, since I'm fairly new to web dev.