huawei s5300 switch port sync one leg

Muneeb_6

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
i'm having issue with huawei s5300 switch.
when i plug receive leg of fiber patch cord in to sfp the port status changes to ON (without plunging trans leg in to SFP) but the switch on the other end does not get sync. switch on the other end gets sync when i create loop on this side.

Solution
Sounds like there is a problem with the SFP on the side you get the port status to "on". All those leds mean is it is receiving light from the far end. It is not actually fully active. Since you can loop the fiber it is not the fiber or the distance. Pretty much it means the SFP is not putting out light. Could be broken or it could be a configuration problem. If it is 850nm ie multimode... you can many times see the light in a dark room by looking at the SFP. A cellphone camera tends to also see them very brightly especially if the camera does not have IR filters on it. I keep a very old cellphone just for this purpose.

If the light is 1310 or any of the other single mode frequencies you can not see it and you do not even...
Sounds like there is a problem with the SFP on the side you get the port status to "on". All those leds mean is it is receiving light from the far end. It is not actually fully active. Since you can loop the fiber it is not the fiber or the distance. Pretty much it means the SFP is not putting out light. Could be broken or it could be a configuration problem. If it is 850nm ie multimode... you can many times see the light in a dark room by looking at the SFP. A cellphone camera tends to also see them very brightly especially if the camera does not have IR filters on it. I keep a very old cellphone just for this purpose.

If the light is 1310 or any of the other single mode frequencies you can not see it and you do not even want to attempt it since many of those optics really are lasers rather than IR leds.

Solution