[SOLVED] Huge deadzone issue making games almost unplayable (video)

Cassie2011

Commendable
May 26, 2021
It’s really bad.. I know different games have different zones, but this level can’t be normal as it really hurts the experience-
View: https://youtu.be/i3lv0BOJVA8
It doesn’t get better if I switch to another controller either. I am unable to make calibration changes through steam etc and in game sensitivity settings don’t decrease the zone. In all cases keyboard and mouse seem to be better. My fear is something is bad with the hardware affecting the drivers software or whatever, as I’ve reset the OS multiple times for other issues and this glitch has survived it all. Could that be it or does anyone have an idea on this strange issue? Appreciate any insights.

Last edited:
Solution
Have you downloaded the Microsoft Accessories app and connected the controller by usb? You should be able to adjust the dead zone of the controller. It might be a combination of the dead zone on the controller plus the dead zone set by the game.
It’s really bad.. I know different games have different zones, but this level can’t be normal as it really hurts the experience-
View: https://youtu.be/i3lv0BOJVA8
It doesn’t get better if I switch to another controller either. I am unable to make calibration changes through steam etc and in game sensitivity settings don’t decrease the zone. In all cases keyboard and mouse seem to be better. My fear is something is bad with the hardware affecting the drivers software or whatever, as I’ve reset the OS multiple times for other issues and this glitch has survived it all. Could that be it or does anyone have an idea on this strange issue? Appreciate any insights.
What are the specs, also where is the game installed?

Cassie2011

Commendable
May 26, 2021
it is a fairly new Alienware Aurora R10 with the RTX 3070 8gb ram. Installed on my main drive through GOG, and I even bought the steam version which acts the same even with changing “calibration settings”.